RE: New Equipment Delivery
On 11/20/2002 MMCFD took delivery of their new Rescue Unit replacing the departments 1993 Rescue. “Engine 641” responds as the departments “ First Responder Unit running on Priority One Medical calls in front of the Advanced Life Support Ambulances for the City of Saint Louis and the townships of Pine River, Bethany & Jasper. The unit also carries the department’s extrication equipment (Jaws of Life), 200 gallons of water, defibrillator, medical equipment etc..
This new Apparatus also has the following features.
· Ford F550 4 wheel drive, diesel chassis
· 4 door crew cab capable of carrying 6 people
· Increased load carrying capacity
· All aluminum body with roll up doors
· More physical space
· Increase emergency lighting such as amber strobes and light stick so the truck is more visible operating at traffic accidents.
· Air conditioned/heated to provide firefighter rehab in extreme heat/cold conditions.
The chassis was purchased from Jim Navarre Ford in St. Louis and delivered to Spencer Manufacturing in South Haven Michigan for assembly of the body, lights etc. The cost of the unit was over $84,000 the department received a grant from the USDA for $25,000 to offset part of the cost. This apparatus responds to almost every call the department is called to. The unit will be placed in service Thursday November 21st 2002.
click on the pictures to enlarge.
our new E641
happy Chief !! on E641's way home for the 1st time..
E641 has additional lighting in the rear for highway safety of it's crew.